Sponser

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Difference Between Either and Neither



Difference between either and neither from espresso and wish dotnet. Both these words have two possible pronunciations either and either neither and neither. Those are correct first let's learn how to use either. When we have two options, the word either is means the only one of the two but not the other for example you can have either chocolate ice cream or vanilla which one would you like come to visit on either Monday or Wednesday.

 If he's not in his office he's either in the bathroom or back to lunch. When someone give you a choice between two things and you don't care which one has chosen you can respond with either one. For example would you like coffee or tea either one. Whatever everyone else is having we got these two photos which one do you want to use in the Berkshire either one they both look good to me. Now let's look at neither, not either and neither both mean not one thing and not the other thing. For example I don't speak either French or Spanish is the same as I speak neither French nor Spanish this means I don't speak French and I don't speak Spanish. You could also say I don't speak either of those languages or I speak neither of those languages. As you already see in the example of the sentences. We use not either or and neither nor when naming the two items specifically. I speak neither French nor Spanish and we use not either of and neither of when saying the two items together as a group. I speak neither of those languages years more examples neither my mother nor my father likes to travel neither of my parents like to travel we use neither nor when naming both items specifically and neither of when talking about my parents together as a group. Neither the first book nor the second book was very good neither of the books was very good were neither book was very good when the two things are of the same type as into books. We can say neither of the books or neither book when someone offers you a choice between two things and you dislike both or you don't want the first thing and you don't want the second thing then you can respond with neither or neither one. For example do you want a sandwich or a piece of pizza neither I'm actually not hungry at all. Which is these two candidates do you think is better for the job? Neither one we do need somebody more experienced when somebody makes a negative statement that's a statement with the word not and you can use not either or need her to say also not the structure of the replies a little different depending on which one you use. So let's look at some examples if someone says I can't swim you can say I can't either or neither can I who are you can say me neither. that's an informal way to say it Kate didn't come to class today bob didn't either or neither did bob we haven't bought our tickets yet we haven't either or neither have we both of these options are correct and they mean the same thing if you'd like to learn more about English grammar. Check out the advanced English grammar course available and espresso and wish dotnet this course will help you master the details of the English language and take your English from good to great.






No comments:

Post a Comment